top of page


1-Do the buildings come with a warranty?
Yes! Please see our Out  Back Buildings Warranty.
2-Do I need a permit?
Yes. Most counties require permits for “Portable Storage Buildings” Usually if the longest wall is 12ft. or more. It is the responsibility of the property owner to obtain a permit prior to the delivery of the building. First call the “building inspector” for proper instructions.
3-What are tie-downs and do I need them?
Tie-downs are anchoring devices that auger(screw) into the ground approximately 30″ and have a wide galvanized strap that attaches to the strongest framing components under the building. These devices were originally designed for the mobile home industry. They protect the building from being blown off the leveling blocks at high winds. Outback Buildings can install tie-downs at the four corners of the portable building during initial delivery and leveling, for a nominal extra charge. If we make a special trip later to do a tie-down the charge would be slightly higher.
5-How is the building delivered?
Out Back Buildings delivers the buildings usually with a heavy duty 4×4 drive pickup truck, a double or triple axle trailer, and hydraulic tilting capability and an electric cable winch. The truck and trailer must be maneuvered into the setup location and the building is rolled off the rear of the trailer. We are not equipped to do any leveling or grading of the land. The buildings are setup on the site selected by the property owner. Up to 20 leveling blocks are provided for leveling as part of the price. Additional blocks are presently $3.00 per block if more leveling is necessary.
6-How is the building leveled?
The building is leveled using no mortar, stacked concrete block spacer pads under the outside 4×4 treated runners. The pads usually vary from 6′ to 10′ apart and the exact placement is determined by the trained delivery drivers. The lowest corner is started with a 4″ solid concrete block measuring 4″x8″x16″ laid flat against the ground. All support pads are started out with a 4″ thick solid block against the ground. If more height is needed the delivery truck carries 8″ high wall blocks, and thinner solid blocks, wood shims, and locust wooden wedges. Bunce Buildings suggests tie-down anchors for any building if a corner is over 20″ high. If a corner is over a certain limit than the column may be “double blocked” which creates a 16″ x 16″ square column with the blocks stacked in an inner locking bond pattern. After 20 leveling blocks for buildings up to 12 x 24 and 30 leveling blocks for buildings 28’ or longer, there is an additional charge per block.
7-What if I have to match the vinyl siding and/or shingles on my house in order to comply with restrictive covenants in my subdivision?
Out Back Buildings will gladly use your vinyl siding and/or shingles. However, there is a small fee for the installation of architectural shingles.
8-What if my ground is wet?
If your ground is not completely dry or solid, we will wait to deliver your building until the ground is suitable. Because of variables beyond our control such as weather and the weight of our truck and trailer, Out Back Buildings cannot assume responsibility for damage to your yard or anything buried in your yards.  So it’s best to make sure.
9-What if I want to install my own windows and/or doors?
Out Back Buildings will gladly frame out the rough opening dimensions you provide or we will install the doors and/or windows you give us as long as they are not replacement windows and come in a frame.  The charge for this service is minimal.
10-Can you build on site or is there any other alternative for buildings that would be difficult to haul in?
Yes, please see the following for more information:
  • Building on site is always available for any building which cannot be hauled in.  The cost for this service depends upon the size of the building
  • If a chain link fence is the only obstacle, sometimes we can remove a post or two and get the building in.  This is at no charge to the customer but the customer is responsible for re-stretching the post(s).
  • If the site is just a “tight squeeze” but we can get the building close with the truck and trailer, sometimes our MULE can do the rest.
bottom of page